OOS Registration is now open!
OOS registration will remain open until further notice.
Please complete your OOS registraiton payment(s) as soon as possible.
If payment timelines are a challenge please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options. We will be accommodating as possible and all conversations kept confidential.
A Jamboree cannot run without a great staff of volunteers, known as Offers of Service. The OOS Experience team looks after the day to day needs of all the volunteers. We will check you in when you arrive, provide you with your ID and T-shirts and find you a spot to pitch your tent. We are kind of like the front desk for your PJ hotel.
PJ 2019 will take place July 6 – 13, 2019 at Camp Barnard in Sooke, close to Victoria BC. You should, however, plan on being at camp earlier depending on your role at PJ19. The details of when you are expected to be at camp to begin your OOS role will come from the department head after you have registered and been assigned to a department. Generally, you should plan on arriving at Camp July 2nd. See www.campbarnard.ca for information on Camp Barnard.
During the Jamboree we will be there to provide opportunities for your off-duty time. There will be movies every night, Indaba sessions, and maybe even a chance to try some of the PJ activities yourself. Watch for announcements of more activities as we get closer to the Jamboree.
To stay up to date on OOS information and connect with other OOS, join the PJ OOS Facebook group.
Offers of Service (OOS) are open to any Venturer Scout, Rover Scout, or Volunteer, including former members, who wish to participate – while some jobs require specific skills (i.e medical, drivers), most will come with on-the-job training.
Category 3 Forms
The PJ OOS Registrar will send all OOS under the age of 18 an email with a link to upload a completed Cat 3 Form. Once you have this link, follow these steps:
- Print a copy of the Category 3 form that was sent to you.
- You must have a form signed specifically for the Jamboree – it is not acceptable to use one signed for another purpose earlier in the year.
- Have your parent/guardian sign and date. (Remember, forms must be signed Feb 14th or onward because these forms are only valid for a maximum of 6 months.)
- Scan your form into a pdf document. Do not combine your form with anyone else’s.
- Access to a multi-function device or a scanner/printer/fax will be needed. The document should be scanned into a pdf. Although other formats can be accepted, they take up a lot more file space, so pdf is preferred.)
- Scanner/printer/fax units are common in households, but they can also be found at a public library, your school, local office supply store, local print shop.
- Use the link sent you in an email to upload the pdf. This link is unique to you.
- Youth cannot attend Pacific Jamboree without a signed Cat 3 form. This is a mandatory requirement.
- OOS must have the original signed form with them during the Jamboree.
Please submit your completed Category 3 form as soon as possible.
OOS must be at least 15 years old by July 6, 2019
Offers of Service individuals can register now!
Things you need to know:
- Screening and training (please read carefully)
- Youth OOS (15-17 years old at the time of PJ)
- Adult OOS (18 years old or older at the time of PJ)
- Camping and facilities information
- International OOS
Have questions about the OOS registration process that you can’t find the answers to here? Contact email@example.com