Specific training is required for all OOS in order participate in PJ. These requirements are listed here and in the PJ Registration form.
NOTE: International OOS documentation requirements are found on the International page.
There will be no provision for completing the training at PJ.
All requirements must be met prior to April 1, 2019. Make sure everything is completed in enough time for it to be reflected in myscouts in April 2019.
For Scouts Canada members:
Adult OOS are individuals 18 years old or older at the time of PJ
- Must be ‘active’ in myscouts for the duration of the event including any travel time before and after.
- Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path is the required training for Canadian OOS attending PJ 2019. This requirement is not precluded by a Section specific Wood Badge II course.
All OOS attending PJ 2019 (even the most experienced Scout Scouters with WBII Scouts) will be required to have completed Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path by April 1st 2019.
For those needing to complete it, the Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path course is currently available online at the David Huestis Learning Centre:
- To select the Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path course packages first log into myscouts.ca, then select DAVID HUESTIS Learning Centre (on the left side of the window) which should open a new tab or window in your browser that is titled My Learning Gateway.
- Click on the Course Catalogue, select Scouts Canada Training in the Subject box, Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path in the Topic Box, and your language of choice in the Language box.
- You can then select Request Package Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path.
As of September 1, 2018, there are 15 parts to the course. The online course can be done at your own pace.
Local in-person Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path courses may also be available in your Area. Contact your Group Commissioner or local Area Commissioner to get more information about this option.
Youth OOS are individuals 15 – 17 years old at the time of PJ
- Youth must be ‘active’ in myscouts for the duration of the Jamboree
- Youth must be interviewed by a local Commissioner (Group/Area/Council Commissioner) as per standard screening for Scouters under 18. (Scouts Canada Volunteer Screening Policy). Once completed, the Commissioner must enter the information into myscouts.
- Signed Youth Code of Conduct
- Complete in Scouting Fundamentals (Volunteer Ready) which includes Respect in Sport and Accessibility training.
- Wood Badge I for The Canadian Path is the required training for Canadian OOS and Scouters including Youth Scouters attending PJ 2019. This requirement is not precluded by a Section specific Wood Badge II course.
Myscouts records for all Scouts Canada OOS will be reviewed prior to PJ for screening and training requirements. Plan Ahead! Make sure your requirements are completed in enough time for them to be reflected in myscouts in April 2019.
Important: No OOS can participate in PJ without having met the Screening and Training Requirements prior to the deadline.