Patrol Registration is at capacity.
The Registration team is excited to announce that Patrol registration has reached capacity for PJ 2019. As of February 12, the waitlist is no longer taking new applications. Registered Patrols, or Patrols that have received notification they are on the waitlist, please use the registration form below to make changes to your patrol information, switch patrol members, order equipment etc as necessary. We are not able to accept additional participants at this time. However, if you wish to remove a participant please contact the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
Groups register Patrols only – no individual registrations accepted. Groups can register more than one Patrol. Payment must be made by patrol(s) versus by individual. If your Group is registering more than one patrol, you can pay for them on one Group cheque.
Category 3 Forms
Category 3 Parent/Guardian Permission forms (Cat 3 forms) are required for all participants and OOS who will be under 18 during Jamboree week. Patrol Contact Scouters will receive an email from the PJ Registrar with a link to upload your Cat 3 forms. Once you have this link, follow the steps below:
- Print a copy of the Category 3 form that was sent to you for each youth (under 18) participant or Scouter.
- You must have a form signed specifically for the Jamboree – it is not acceptable to use one signed for another purpose earlier in the year.
- Have each parent/guardian sign and date the form for each of their youth (2 kids = 2 forms). (Remember, forms must be signed February 14th or after because these forms are only valid for a maximum of 6 months.)
- Gather all Cat 3 forms for ALL members under the age of 18 of your Patrol even if they’re functioning as a Scouter for the jamboree.
- Once you have all of them, scan into one pdf document.
- Access to a multi-function device or a scanner/printer/fax will be needed. The document should be scanned as a pdf. Although other formats can be accepted, they take up a lot more file space, so pdf is preferred.)
- Scanner/printer/fax units are common in households, but they can also be found at a public library, local office supply store, local print shop.
- Use the link in the email to upload the pdf. This URL is unique to your patrol. (If you have more than one patrol, you will have received another email for the other patrols – make sure you match your Cat 3 forms to the correct Patrol.)
- Youth cannot attend Pacific Jamboree without a signed Cat 3 form. This is a mandatory requirement.
- At least one Patrol Scouter for each Patrol must have the original signed forms with them during the Jamboree.
The deadline to submit Cat 3 forms is April 15, 2019
Groups can register Patrols of up to 11 people per Patrol which include a maximum of 8 youth and a minimum of 2 Scouters per Patrol (e.g. 8 youth and 2 or 3 Scouters). Please note that some adventures (program activities) may be limited to Patrol sizes of 10 so that a unit with 8 youth and 3 Scouters may be required to have 1 Scouter step back from participating in that specific activity.
Payment can be made by Group cheque only and must be for all members of each Patrol. Registration costs and dates for payments
- Participant (early registration) $550 – payment completed by December 31, 2018
- Participant (late registration) $600 – payment completed after December 31, 2018
- 1st payment, $200/participant (~33% of registration), made within 30 days of registering in system and prior to date of 2nd payment date
- 2nd payment, $200/participant (~33% of registration) due December 31, 2018 or $350/participant for those wishing to take advantage of the early registration discount due December 31, 2018
- 3rd and final payment, remaining outstanding amount including any equipment rental, due by April 30, 2019
Cheques are to be made out to “Scouts Canada Pacific Jamboree ” and mailed to:
Scouts Canada Pacific Jamboree 505 Marigold Rd Victoria, BC V8Z 4R5
More information, including gear rental for participants can be found in the Participant section of the website.
Have questions about the Participant Registration process? Contact email@example.com