OOS Registration is now open.
OOS registration will remain open until further notice.
Before you begin, please read through the Offers of Service section of the website for details about the OOS experience, including:
- Screening and training requirements
- Camping and facilities information
- Additional forms
- International OOS
There is no paper registration form. A Help file can be opened in a separate window to assist in the Registration Process.
- Your myscouts number (International, W.A.G.G.S., and non-Scouts Canada member OOS use ‘000000’ as a myscouts number when you register, a new number will be issued once your registration is complete),
- The email contact information for the OOS volunteer,
- The email contact information for the parent of each youth OOS volunteer (why? see below)
- A colour digital photo (requirements listed on the form – more info below).
Category 3 Forms
The PJ OOS Registrar will send all OOS under the age of 18 an email with a link to upload a completed Cat 3 Form. Once you have this link, follow these steps:
- Print a copy of the Category 3 form that was sent to you.
- You must have a form signed specifically for the Jamboree – it is not acceptable to use one signed for another purpose earlier in the year.
- Have your parent/guardian sign and date. (Remember, forms must be signed Feb 14th or onward because these forms are only valid for a maximum of 6 months.)
- Scan your form into a pdf document. Do not combine your form with anyone else’s.
- Access to a multi-function device or a scanner/printer/fax will be needed. The document should be scanned into a pdf. Although other formats can be accepted, they take up a lot more file space, so pdf is preferred.)
- Scanner/printer/fax units are common in households, but they can also be found at a public library, your school, local office supply store, local print shop.
- Use the link sent you in an email to upload the pdf. This link is unique to you.
- Youth cannot attend Pacific Jamboree without a signed Cat 3 form. This is a mandatory requirement.
- OOS must have the original signed form with them during the Jamboree.
Please submit your Category 3 form as soon as possible.
All youth must have a category 3 permission form uploaded to the Registration form in order to be permitted to attend PJ. No youth can participate in PJ without one.
To Register as an Offer of Service
When you begin the form below, remember your user id and password – the Registration team has no ability to reset passwords.
The form is editable – you can get started, save and come back to continue or make changes. The form will not submit without some mandatory information (such as photo and email info see ‘Registration Process’ below). Once your form is complete you may ‘submit’. The Registration Team will review your form and either contact the you with questions or register you if everything is in order.
How will I know if my registration has been received and completed?
You will receive an automated confirmation notice when you have submitted a completed registration online. Once the registration information has been confirmed, the OOS registrar will assign an OOS # and initial assignment depending on choices made in registration.
You will receive a “PJ2019 – Welcome to OOS!” letter which includes important information (assignment, OOS#, payment information). It is important to keep the welcome letter in a safe place because it contains information you may need at a later stage (such as OOS#).
We are doing this to ensure we have as complete and accurate Health and nutritional requirement information as possible. We are working with a local firm to gather the information securely and accurately through an on-line system called ePACT. We require individual email addresses to provide access to ePACT and to follow-up on any information as required.
This software was successfully used for the Adventure 2014 Jamboree, Pacific Jamboree 2015 and Canadian Jamboree 2017. We plan to start collecting the information with this system in early 2019. Each registered participant (parent email for youth) will be sent a unique URL for the purposes of entering their health and nutritional information.
Digital photos are required for all OOS attending PJ – these photos must be uploaded to the registration form and will be used for Identification purposes. Each OOS will be required to wear an id tag with their photo on it while on site at Camp Barnard and while participating in Adventures.
The photo must be colour, head and shoulders, forward facing and no hat or sunglasses obscuring the face. Photos that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted.